Course Cancellation and Refund Policy
Calgary Scuba has the following cancellation and refund policy for all scuba and first aid courses. Please ensure that you understand these terms and conditions before you complete your booking. The basic open water scuba training course is conducted in three segments (eLearning, confined water, open water).
Most courses require a minimum number of students to go ahead. If the course you have scheduled doesn't have enough students, you will be given the option to reschedule or pay an additional fee for a private course. Most advanced courses have similar structures.
Please understand that full payment is required at the time of booking. Course fees are non-refundable once booked, with the following exceptions:
1. Course tuition is refundable with a minimum of 14 days’ notice with a signed letter from a physician on the clinic letterhead noting the reason for medical reasons only. If a cancellation is requested due to a medical concern with less than 14 days’ notice, no refund will be issued. All medical concerns must be disclosed at the time of booking. Cancellations for non-medical reasons are not refundable. Please review the medical form here.
2. All course materials (eLearning codes and/or manuals) are non-refundable at time of issue. If a cancellation is requested due to a medical issue with less than 14 days’ notice, no refund will be given.
3. Course tuition and/or private fees are not refundable once booked. Should the number of participants in your course increase to five (5) or more between the time of booking and the time the course commences, you will be credited for the amount of private fees paid.
4. If you need to reschedule your attendance on a course with less than 72 hours’ notice, you will be required to pay a $100 rescheduling fee, payable at the time of rescheduling.
5. If your last completed training segment was outside a 3–4-month window, you may be required to attend an additional training session (at additional cost) based on your participation in previous training. For your safety, and the safety of others, attendance in these additional sessions will be deemed mandatory solely at the discretion of Calgary Scuba.
6. Please understand that our confined water schedule has been booked a year in advance, and if there are less than five (5) students booked for that session there may be additional private fees required to hold the class. You will be kept informed in the event there are less than five (5) students booked for the session.
7. If the student is late for any scheduled class, the class will not be held up or extended to make up for the lost time, and the student may be asked to attend another session. Should you have attended any portion of any segment of your training, it will not be refundable under any circumstances.
8. If your open water training sessions have been scheduled but are required to be cancelled due to weather (thunderstorms, blizzards, torrential downpour) we will give you as much notice as possible and your sessions will be scheduled for another time. We have no control over the weather, and as such, no refunds will be given due to circumstances beyond our control.
9. Any segment of your training which has been paid for in advance but has not yet been scheduled may be refunded at the sole discretion of Calgary Scuba.
If you have any questions about this Cancellation and Refund Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org